Go backAmoena's Top Fashion Tips for Pocketed Bras and Breast Forms
A collection of fashion and beauty tips we’ve shared over the years
We’ve gathered up top 9 mastectomy fashion tips to help you wear your bra and breast form beautifully! Whether you’re new to Amoena or have been with us for a long time, we have advice for you!
Mastectomy Bra tips:
1. It’s all about the band: Following bilateral surgery, women often wear a bra band size that is far too small, thinking that having it very tight will help it stay in place even without breast tissue. But if the band size is too small, the shoulder straps will also be too small, the cups will be in the wrong position on the body, and the bra will “ride up.” Be sure to be fitted by a certified fit specialist!
2. Cool as a cucumber: One way to keep cooler in warm weather is to choose a bra with a high cotton content. Another option is a bra designed with COOLMAX® ACTIVE fabric, which includes wicking technology.
3. Show your true colors Spice up any look you choose with a lovely color underneath. Your bra and panty sets can bring a splash of color and confidence into your life.
4. Create a flexible wardrobe: The most useful pieces in any wardrobe are the ones that can be used multiple ways. The Barbara bra with convertible – or removable – straps is a great example that will work for a variety of different dresses, like halter tops, spaghetti straps, or totally sleeveless.
5. Fill in with style. A camisole bra means you can get away with a lower neckline because its lace insert makes it look like part of your outfit. Another option: Layering a tank top like Amoena’s Valletta under your cardigan, denim jacket, blouse or dress can give your outfit a whole new attitude.
6. Even in sheers, your bra disappears: The right lingerie will disappear under sheer tops. The trick is either to blend your
Breast Form tips:
7. Do your straps dig in? Ouch! The best way to avoid this fashion faux pas is by wearing a Contact adhesive breast form, because the weight of the form is distributed more evenly against your chest wall, and not all held up by the shoulder strap. Many women have been
8. Try the t-shirt test: Women who find that their 2 breasts differ in size or shape after reconstruction might also have problems finding a bra that fits well. Partial breast forms can help you achieve the outline you really want, and the tapered edges of Amoena Balance partial shapers join naturally to the body. Nothing shows. Even in a tight
9. Mark your calendar. It’s so important to be measured regularly, to make sure your bra and breast form are still the right size and shape for you. Bodies change constantly as we lose or gain weight, and as we age – but your posture and comfort are a big part of your overall health. Getting measured yearly will ensure your bra and form fit properly – and everything else should fall into place after that!Get the latest content and tips first. Join Club Amoena
LIght Breast Form by PW They really are very light, not like the previous version. Really pleased with my purchased.FROM £120.00
produit idéal by PV Se glisse dans la poche du soutient gorge. Très légère, très douce, se lave facilement donc entretien pratique. Parfaite.FROM £120.00
Natural feel by CL Thank you all at Amoena I am so pleased with these breast forms. I have just received the essential 3S forms in a size 7 and have warn them all day today and have forgotten that they were there. They have given me a good shape and have not caused an problems on the shoulders Also I would like to thank the staff on the help lines who were very professional, and patient with my enquires again thank youHomemaker by Susan I purchased the Amoena Essential 3S 363 breast forms. I have worn several other brands over the last 20 years, but these are the best. They have the same feel and weight as natural breast, I love the way they move with me, just the right amount of jiggle.Homemaker by Susan I purchased the Amoena Essential 3S 363 breast forms. I have worn several other brands over the last 20 years, but these are the best. They have the same feel and weight as natural breast, I love the way they move with me, just the right amount of jiggle.FROM £120.00
Very pleased by CC After losing a little weight my 3S Breast Form was looking too full. The 2S is perfect and the perfect weight, I always forget I'm wearing a breast form.MRS by M H VERY PLEASED WITH MY NEW BOOBS AND GREAT SERVICEFROM £140.00
Beaucoup de légèreté by Annie CLEMENT Bonjour, J'ai acheté cette prothèse il y a deux mois. Et elle m'a changé la vie, car beaucoup plus légère que mon ancienne environ 360 gr de moins. J'en arrive à oublier que j'ai une prothèse ce qui ait appréciable.Natura Xtra Light 2SN Breast Form by FD I was getting shoulder pain with a normal weight breast form. This is definitely lighter. It is very wide but this does give wider spread than the normal breast form, and so sits more comfortablyComfortable fit by IS First fit, still using pocketed but so much better than kapok filled forms.FROM £150.00
comfortable and realistic by JS When my four year old granddaughter snuggles into me and my breast form and says how cuddly I am, I know that it feels good both for the wearer and the cuddler!Brilliant by WD This breast form is light and comfortable. The slight shaping to the side is great if you've had some lymph nodes removed as well. It flattens naturally when you you lie down . I highly recommend.Comfortable by WD This may seem like a lot of money to pay for a breast form but believe me it is worth every penny. It is soft, light, comfortable and above very natural feeling. You have to wear this every day so it’s really important to buy the right one.FROM £140.00
Breast form by LW Very comfortable to wear, fits nicely into bra pocket. Looks and feels natural.Amoeba breast form by MH Really comfortable fit. My first breast form was Amoena - the same as this one - and lasted for 7 years. This is the reason I purchased the same one again. So natural looking.Everyday comfort by E E I have lymphoedema and I've had a double mastectomy. This breast form has been my favourite for some time now. Drapes naturally and the lighter weight makes it comfortable to wear all day.Everyday comfort by EE Delivered promptly. This breast form is so comfortable especially as I'm a bilateral with lymphoedema. The weight and fit are just perfect. A very happy customer.FROM £140.00