Go backTravelling With Your Silicone Breast Form
Many women write in to ask us if they can travel whilst wearing their silicone breast forms. The answer is a resounding “yes,” but there are some things you might want to know ahead of time.
Tips For Flying After Breast Cancer Surgery
- Airport security technology will not harm a silicone breast form.
- It isn’t likely that a silicone breast form will set off the metal detector alarm; however, if something on your person triggers the alarm, you will be subject to a secondary search which might include a pat-down.
- You can carry a medical Notification Card or a letter from your GP or specialist team, confirming your situation, to discreetly inform security of your medical condition if you choose (it is not required). If selected for a scan you might want to tell the security staff that you are wearing a breast prosthesis before being scanned.
- According to the U.S. Transportation Security Administration, you should neither be asked, nor agree to lift or remove any article of clothing to reveal your breast prosthesis, and you should not be asked to remove the form itself.
- You can request that this
done in a private screening be by a female. area ,
- If you choose to carry your prosthesis or mastectomy bra in your accessible property rather than wearing it, it will be allowed through the checkpoint after it is screened. The prosthesis or the mastectomy bra is not subject to the 3-1-1 rules that normally applicable to liquids, gels, and aerosols because it is considered to be medically necessary.
Every country has its own security procedures and policies; it is wise to ask your travel agent or do preliminary research online if you are travelling outside your home country.
The Aqua Wave breast form is designed specifically for water activities. This lightweight swim prosthesis is made from a clear silicone which is water-resistant and dries quickly. Supplied with a handy waterproof bag.
Black Dots On A Breast Prosthesis After A Flight
One other item that we must address: The change in air pressure. It is not uncommon for lightweight silicone breast forms to develop temporary air bubbles if they are at higher elevations where the air pressure changes.
If you are a frequent flyer, you may have seen what appear to be small, black dots inside your breast form, due to the change in elevation. This is not a defect, nor will it harm the form. In fact, the air bubbles typically disappear within about two weeks of travelling or climbing.
So don’t worry, travel happy!
Read more: Get more tips on travelling after cancer, written by Karen, a breast cancer survivor after her recent world adventure: How to Travel (The World!) After Breast Cancer
LIght Breast Form by PW They really are very light, not like the previous version. Really pleased with my purchased.
Natural feel by CL Thank you all at Amoena I am so pleased with these breast forms. I have just received the essential 3S forms in a size 7 and have warn them all day today and have forgotten that they were there. They have given me a good shape and have not caused an problems on the shoulders Also I would like to thank the staff on the help lines who were very professional, and patient with my enquires again thank youHomemaker by Susan I purchased the Amoena Essential 3S 363 breast forms. I have worn several other brands over the last 20 years, but these are the best. They have the same feel and weight as natural breast, I love the way they move with me, just the right amount of jiggle.Homemaker by Susan I purchased the Amoena Essential 3S 363 breast forms. I have worn several other brands over the last 20 years, but these are the best. They have the same feel and weight as natural breast, I love the way they move with me, just the right amount of jiggle.
can be adjusted simply by adding or releasing air" />can be adjusted simply by adding or releasing air" />Newcan be adjusted simply by adding or releasing air" /> Adapt Air Xtra Light 1SN 01, 328
Very pleased by CC After losing a little weight my 3S Breast Form was looking too full. The 2S is perfect and the perfect weight, I always forget I'm wearing a breast form.MRS by M H VERY PLEASED WITH MY NEW BOOBS AND GREAT SERVICE
Beaucoup de légèreté by Annie CLEMENT Bonjour, J'ai acheté cette prothèse il y a deux mois. Et elle m'a changé la vie, car beaucoup plus légère que mon ancienne environ 360 gr de moins. J'en arrive à oublier que j'ai une prothèse ce qui ait appréciable.Natura Xtra Light 2SN Breast Form by FD I was getting shoulder pain with a normal weight breast form. This is definitely lighter. It is very wide but this does give wider spread than the normal breast form, and so sits more comfortablyComfortable fit by IS First fit, still using pocketed but so much better than kapok filled forms.