Go backTraveling with your Silicone Breast Form
Traveling with your silicone breast form
Many women write in to ask us if they can travel the “friendly skies” while wearing their silicone breast forms. The answer is a resounding “yes,” but there are some things you might want to know ahead of time.
- Airport security technology will not harm a silicone breast form
- It isn’t likely that a silicone breast form will set off the metal detector alarm; however, if something on your person triggers the alarm, you will be subject to a secondary search which might include a pat-down
- You can request that this be done in a private screening area
- You can carry a medical Notification Card, to discreetly inform security of your medical condition if you choose (it is not required). A card is available for download at www.tsa.gov (note that use of the card does not exempt a
travelerfrom the normal security process)
- According to the U.S. Transportation Security Administration, you should neither be asked, nor agree to lift or remove any article of clothing to reveal your breast prosthesis, and you should not be asked to remove the form itself
- If you choose to carry your prosthesis or mastectomy bra in your accessible property rather than wearing it, it will be allowed through the checkpoint after it is screened. The prosthesis or the mastectomy bra is not subject to the 3-1-1 rules that normally applicable to liquids, gels, and aerosols because it is considered to be medically necessary.
Every country has its own security procedures and policies; it is wise to ask your travel agent or do preliminary research online if you are
The Aqua Wave breast form is designed specifically for water activities. This lightweight swim prosthesis is made from a clear silicone which is water-resistant and dries quickly. Supplied with a handy waterproof bag.
Black dots on a prosthesis after a flight
One other item that we must address: The change in air pressure. It is not uncommon for lightweight silicone breast forms to develop temporary air bubbles if they are in higher elevations where the air pressure changes. If you are a frequent flyer, you may have seen what appear to be small, black dots inside your breast form, due to the change in elevation. This is not a defect, nor will it harm the form. In fact, the air bubbles typically disappear within about two weeks of travelling or climbing. So don’t worry, travel happy!
Read more: Get more tips on travelling after cancer, written by Karen, a breast cancer survivor, after her recent world adventure: How to Travel (The World!) After Breast Cancer
Essential 2A breast forma size 5 R by CP Essential 2A brast form size 5 R
LIght Breast Form by PW They really are very light, not like the previous version. Really pleased with my purchased.
produit idéal by PV Se glisse dans la poche du soutient gorge. Très légère, très douce, se lave facilement donc entretien pratique. Parfaite.
Homemaker by Susan I purchased the Amoena Essential 3S 363 breast forms. I have worn several other brands over the last 20 years, but these are the best. They have the same feel and weight as natural breast, I love the way they move with me, just the right amount of jiggle.Homemaker by Susan I purchased the Amoena Essential 3S 363 breast forms. I have worn several other brands over the last 20 years, but these are the best. They have the same feel and weight as natural breast, I love the way they move with me, just the right amount of jiggle.
Very pleased by CC After losing a little weight my 3S Breast Form was looking too full. The 2S is perfect and the perfect weight, I always forget I'm wearing a breast form.MRS by M H VERY PLEASED WITH MY NEW BOOBS AND GREAT SERVICE