Spring Smoothies: Easy and Packed with Nutrients
Say hello to spring with a smoothie
Smoothies are delicious, healthy snacks bursting full of vitamins and anti-oxidants that you can enjoy on your own or share with family and friends. They're also an excellent start to the day and one sure fired way to get your 5 day, every day. Super simple to make and incredibly delicious too, if you haven’t tried one already, give it a go!
There is an endless range of smoothie recipes out there for you to try but why not have a go at creating your own. All you need is a selection of fruit and/or vegetables and a blender to let your imagination run wild and unleash your inner domestic goddess.
Here are two of our favorite recipes:
For one glass of delicious and super healthy smoothie you need:
- Approx. 50g (1/4 cup, or one handful) baby spinach
- 230 ml (around 1 cup) soy milk or coconut water
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/2 mango
- Wash the spinach, then peel and cut the banana and mango
- Blend the spinach on its own
- Then add the soy milk or coconut water
- Blend again
- Finally add the banana and mango and blend together.
Tip: If you like your smoothie chilled, freeze your mango first.
Raspberry & Coconut Smoothie
For one glass of this berry smoothie you need:
- 1 ripe banana
- 80g (approx. 1/3 c.) frozen raspberries
- 150ml (approx. 1/2 c.) coconut water
- 1 teaspoon coconut sugar
- For the topping: Ground pistachios or coconut flakes
- Blend all the ingredients them until they are smooth.
- For the topping you can add some coconut flakes or ground pistachios.
What’s your favorite smoothie recipe or “must have” ingredient?
Please share your recipes with us on Facebook.