Pumpkin Soup - Perfect for Autumn
Chef Olivier Chaput’s Cream of Pumpkin and Chestnut Soup with Air-Dried Beef Chips
Chef Olivier Chaput ’s Cream of Pumpkin and Chestnut Soup with Air-Dried Beef Chips
For this delicious pumpkin soup you need the following ingredients and a little bit of time for cooking. But it will be worth it!
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 3 onions
- 4 1/2 lbs. diced pumpkin
- 1 lb. cooked chestnuts
- 2 cups soy milk
- 10 slices of air-dried beef
- 5 tsp. olive oil
- Dice the onions and sauté in the olive oil.
- Add diced pumpkin and 4/5 of the chestnuts.
- Cover with water and boil.
- Salt to taste.
- When the pumpkin is soft, stir in the soy milk. Use an immersion blender to puree.
- For the beef chips, cut into 3 slices, arrange on parchment paper and bake at 425° for a few minutes.
- To serve, place a few pieces of chestnut in the bottom of each bowl and pour in the soup; garnish with the chips.
The chef recommends adding 1 teaspoon turmeric or ginger, for an extra dose of antioxidants.You can also substitute vegetable chips for the beef chips garnish, if you prefer.
Enjoy your meal!
Do you have a favorite pumpkin recipe? Then send it to us and we will publish it on our websites. We are looking forward to your cooking ideas!