Pre-Certification Fit Course
Find out when and where our next Pre-Certification Fit Course will be held.
Please read the following thoroughly for all the relevant information.
Details about Zoom Pre-Certification Fit Courses (Virtual):
- If you are a NEW FITTER and do not have access to Amoena products (and a fit model or mannequin) through an Amoena retailer, we strongly prefer that you choose an in-person course.
- Class size is limited to 10 attendees.
- Note the Time Zone of the date you choose and plan to be available for the full day (approximately 6 hours).
- A Zoom invitation and link to the meeting will arrive at least 3 business days prior to course day from your course instructor Heidi Pederson or Kristi Lulay.
- Course materials will be sent to arrive at least 3 business days prior to course day.
- If you are already BOC or ABCOP certified, you will receive 6.5 BOC (6 Scientific; .5 Business) or 8 ABCOP (7 Scientific, 1 Business) credits for the course.
- Course fee: $45 (see below)
Details about In-Person Pre-Certification Fit Courses:
- We are monitoring the situation related to COVID and will determine exact hotel locations closer to the course dates (February 2022). After you register, you will receive hotel information via email.
- Class size is limited to 16 attendees.
- Seminar begins promptly at 8:00 am and adjourns approximately 5:00 pm.
- Light breakfast (7:30 am) and lunch (12:00 noon) are included.
- Please call the hotel directly to make a reservation if you plan to stay overnight; Amoena does not offer any special rates.
- Please be aware that some hotels charge a fee for parking; check with your location.
- If you are already BOC or ABCOP certified, you will receive 9 BOC (8.5 Scientific & .5 Business), or 8 ABCOP (7 Scientific, 1 Business) credits for the course.
- Course fee: $90 (see below)
General Information about Pre-Certification Fit Courses
Amoena offers an introductory Pre-Certification Fit Course for women as a first step to becoming Certified Mastectomy Fitters. The fitter's clinical experience, combined with her completion of an approved education program such as this, allows her to apply for certification through these nationally recognized boards:
- ABCOP (American Board for Certification in Orthotics and Prosthetics) - www.abcop.org
- BOC (Board for Orthotists/Prosthetists Certification) - www.bocusa.org
The Pre-Certification Course teaches you how to match product with surgery type, gives you practical hands-on fitting experience, and helps you master key fitting techniques. The course prepares you for the BOC and ABCOP certification exams.
If you are already BOC or ABCOP certified, you will receive Continuing Education credits (see above) for the course.
Fees: $45 per attendee (Virtual Course); $90 per attendee (In-Person Course); no cash payments. Charged to your Amoena account after the course; if you do not hold an Amoena account, please pay online. More information will follow via email.
Please choose your date/location below. Note the time zones for virtual courses. Provide all the information required. If you are registering more than one person, REGISTER EACH person’s name separately. All courses are subject to change. We make every effort to update this page as soon as a change occurs. See below to register.
After you register, a confirmation will be sent to the email you provide with more information.
Special Bonus at the Course!
A 10% discount off the list price will be given for orders placed at the course and within three business days after the course.** This offer cannot be combined with any other current discounts.
** Excludes new products, swimwear, promotional items, Balance Fit Kits and samples.