Go backTravelling with your silicone breast form
Travelling with your silicone breast form
Many women write in to ask us if they can travel the “friendly skies” while wearing their silicone breast forms. The answer is a resounding “yes,” but there are some things you might want to know ahead of time
- Airport security technology will not harm a silicone breast form
- It isn’t likely that a silicone breast form will set off the metal detector alarm; however, if something on your person triggers the alarm, you will be subject to a secondary search which might include a pat-down
- You can request that this be done in a private screening area
- You can carry a medical Notification Card, to discreetly inform security of your medical condition if you choose (it is not required). A card is available for download at www.tsa.gov (note that use of the card does not exempt a
travelerfrom the normal security process)
- According to the U.S. Transportation Security Administration, you should neither be asked, nor agree to lift or remove any article of clothing to reveal your breast prosthesis, and you should not be asked to remove the form itself
- If you choose to carry your prosthesis or mastectomy bra in your accessible property rather than wearing it, it will be allowed through the checkpoint after it is screened. The prosthesis or the mastectomy bra is not subject to the 3-1-1 rules that normally applicable to liquids, gels, and aerosols because it is considered to be medically necessary.
Every country has its own security procedures and policies; it is wise to ask your travel agent or do preliminary research online if you are
Black dots on a prosthesis after a flight
If you are a frequent flyer, you may have seen what appear to be small, black dots inside your breast form, due to the change in elevation. This is not a defect, nor will it harm the form. In fact, the air bubbles typically disappear within about two weeks of travelling or climbing.
So don’t worry, travel happy!
Error: no no-en navigation path for product ID 5175
Very pleased by CC After losing a little weight my 3S Breast Form was looking too full. The 2S is perfect and the perfect weight, I always forget I'm wearing a breast form.MRS by M H VERY PLEASED WITH MY NEW BOOBS AND GREAT SERVICE
Error: no no-en navigation path for product ID 5183
Beaucoup de légèreté by Annie CLEMENT Bonjour, J'ai acheté cette prothèse il y a deux mois. Et elle m'a changé la vie, car beaucoup plus légère que mon ancienne environ 360 gr de moins. J'en arrive à oublier que j'ai une prothèse ce qui ait appréciable.Natura Xtra Light 2SN Breast Form by FD I was getting shoulder pain with a normal weight breast form. This is definitely lighter. It is very wide but this does give wider spread than the normal breast form, and so sits more comfortablyComfortable fit by IS First fit, still using pocketed but so much better than kapok filled forms.
Perfect by AT This breast form is brilliant.It is so light and comfortable that you hardly know that you are wearing inside the bra. Would definitely recommendLightweight prosthesis by F M This is comfortable and gives arealistic shape but it is only 19% lighter than my standard NHS prosthesis, so describing it as "up to 30%" lighter raised false hopes.Comfortable by H Lightweight, comfortable. This is the 2nd one I've had & it lasted over 7 years. Why wash the form after every use as it is in a bra pocket. Only quibble seems expensive for a bag of silicone,
comfortable and realistic by JS When my four year old granddaughter snuggles into me and my breast form and says how cuddly I am, I know that it feels good both for the wearer and the cuddler!Brilliant by WD This breast form is light and comfortable. The slight shaping to the side is great if you've had some lymph nodes removed as well. It flattens naturally when you you lie down . I highly recommend.Comfortable by WD This may seem like a lot of money to pay for a breast form but believe me it is worth every penny. It is soft, light, comfortable and above very natural feeling. You have to wear this every day so it’s really important to buy the right one.
Breast form by LW Very comfortable to wear, fits nicely into bra pocket. Looks and feels natural.Amoeba breast form by MH Really comfortable fit. My first breast form was Amoena - the same as this one - and lasted for 7 years. This is the reason I purchased the same one again. So natural looking.Everyday comfort by E E I have lymphoedema and I've had a double mastectomy. This breast form has been my favourite for some time now. Drapes naturally and the lighter weight makes it comfortable to wear all day.Everyday comfort by EE Delivered promptly. This breast form is so comfortable especially as I'm a bilateral with lymphoedema. The weight and fit are just perfect. A very happy customer.