Lingerie and Swimwear Care Instructions
Lingerie Care Instructions
You should treat your lingerie well! How? Preferably, wash it by hand. Some bras are made from delicate materials with different care instructions. The hooks at the back and adjustments on the straps will not normally withstand high temperatures. If you must put them in the washing machine, always use a mild detergent and put your underwire bras in a laundry bag.
The care symbol on the garment tells you how best to wash it. The care symbol on a mixed
Whether you wash your bras by hand or machine, they must be well rinsed to remove all traces of detergent from the fabric. Not rinsing it out can irritate your sensitive skin or turn the material yellow. Perfumes and deodorants are very difficult to remove if they accidentally stain a bra or camisole. To avoid staining your bra, spray your
Swimwear Care Instructions
Swimsuits need special treatment so they maintain their shape and bright colors for as long as possible. You should follow the special care instructions supplied with each Amoena swimsuit. This additional information will also help you to enjoy your swimsuit a little longer.
Before you swim:
- Shower in clean water before entering the pool – your swimsuit will absorb less chlorine.
- Look for oil-free lotions – oils can be damaging to swimwear.
- If you’re using a hot tub or Jacuzzi, wear one of your older suits – the chemicals and long exposure to warm water are unkind to swimwear.
- Rinse your swimsuit in cool, clean water immediately to get rid of most salt, sand or chlorine.
- To remove excess water, roll the swimsuit in a clean,
light-coloredtowel and gently squeeze.
- Don’t leave your swimsuit wrapped in a towel – allow it to dry naturally, away from direct sunlight.
Washing your swimsuit
- Wash your swimsuit after use, as body oil and perspiration can break down the elasticity.
- Always hand wash your swimwear in cool water, using a mild liquid soap. Turn the swimsuit inside out to prevent damage to the outside.
- Rinse well and gently squeeze in a towel to remove excess water.
- UV exposure can fade the
colorsof your swimwear. Allow to air dry, but never in direct sunlight.
- Intense heat can damage your swimwear, never use a dryer or an iron.
- Lay your swimsuit flat or hang to dry, which will prevent wrinkles, and do not store it until completely dry.
- To avoid the ‘baggy swimsuit’ look, take advantage of Lycra’s fabulous shape retention abilities by waiting 24 hours for your swimsuit to dry before wearing it again.
If you swim regularly, take part in aqua aerobics or spend time in hot tubs, you will find you need to replace your swimsuit more regularly. Look for suits made from LYCRA® XTRA LIFE
What is LYCRA® XTRA LIFE™?
The bleaches used in swimming pools have a really punishing effect on swimwear, causing
LYCRA® XTRA LIFE™ also helps manufacturers produce swimwear that is extremely comfortable and amazingly supportive. The resulting combination of great looks and superb comfort sets swimwear with LYCRA® XTRA LIFE™ apart from the rest, while guaranteeing optimum shape retention, swim after swim.