Special Features of Pocketed Swimwear
Looking gorgeous is easier when you know how!
As well as being fashionable, sleek and stylish, great mastectomy swimwear should be designed to hold your breast form (or forms) securely and discreetly. With Amoena’s styles, the little hidden extras ensure that you feel confident and comfortable while looking fabulous.
Dress sizes aren’t always enough when choosing swimwear. Many of our styles come in different cup sizes – some are available in a B or C fitting, with a smaller selection offered in A and D fittings too.
An elasticated underband and integral bra hold your breast form or swim prosthesis closely against your body, so there’s no need to worry about it slipping down or falling forward, even in a wet swimsuit. The integral soft cups combine support and gentle bust shaping for a completely natural look.
Amoena swimwear has specially designed pockets on both sides to hold your breast form(s) discreetly and securely in place. No-one will notice your prosthesis and it cannot slip, so you can move freely with complete confidence. Our pockets are accessible from both the top and the side, making them easier to use and ensuring that the breast form sits properly within the pocket.
Whether you want to camouflage high scarring or just have that extra bit of security, the slightly higher cut of our swimwear under the arms provides peace of mind without excess coverage.
Unless stated otherwise, our swimwear has a standard legline - not cut too high or too low - suitable and flattering for most figures and all ages.
Unless otherwise stated, the back of each swimsuit is 1-2 inches below your bra line, for comfort and security.
Applicable to some of the Amoena swimwear in our range
- Soft cups: Most styles have an integral soft cup which provides support and gentle bust shaping with a completely natural look.
- Adjustable straps: Straps are partially adjustable to give you just the right fit.
- Support: Our swimsuits offering tummy and/or bottom control linings are made with supportive Lycra to help enhance the figure without a feeling of tightness.
- Underwired pockets: Some bikinis in our range have soft underwiring which adapts to your shape to give you support without causing discomfort. The flexible underwiring will not damage your Amoena breast form.
Three steps to the perfect fit
- Step 1 With swimwear, sometimes it's not so much about your dress size as about what feels right. If you find that a one-piece often rides up or flattens your chest, try going up a size for more length in the body or opt for a tankini.
- Step 2 Adjustable straps, included on many Amoena styles, can make all the difference to the look and performance of your swimwear.
- Step 3 Look for swimwear with clever fashion fixes like tummy control panels, draping or slimming diagonal designs to perfect your figure.
Remember that even swimwear with chlorine-resistant fabrics like LYCRA® XTRA LIFE™ needs to be replaced regularly if you’re a frequent swimmer.
Articles - sorry no results were found.